Friday, May 1, 2015

TGIST!

Thank God it's Second Trimester!

This excites me for a couple different reasons...

First of all, after 3 months the risk of miscarriage greatly decreases. This is especially relieving for me because when I went for my first ultrasound at 7 weeks they found a 1 cm subchorionic bleed in my uterus. For those of you who don't know what that is, it occurs where the pregnancy attaches to the uterus, when it pulls away slightly and a blood clot forms. Most of the time it resolves itself by being absorbed back into the body. Sometimes, however, it can lead to a miscarriage. Now since mine was so small, and being that I am young, my doctors were not worried about it. Normally they will repeat the ultrasound in a couple weeks but they didn't think that was necessary for my situation. They sent me on my way with instructions to call if I experience spotting. Although it was encouraging that they weren't at all concerned, I was TERRIFIED! Every time I felt any discomfort my heart would skip a beat. But thankfully at my ultrasound for the first trimester screen at 11 weeks they found no signs of a bleed! Yay!

Second, supposedly those awful pregnancy symptoms will get better during this trimester. No more fatigue and morning sickness? I'll take it! Of course there will be those unlucky souls who experience these symptoms throughout the entire pregnancy, but here's to hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment